eXperiment robotics framework
- Unleash the developer creativity.
- Be generic, avoiding the use of strict robotics related syntax in documentation and code so it fits a broader variety of research fields.
- Describe the world and the interaction using generic canonical concepts: 3D Objects that have Tags for their classification - e.g. ground, robot, person - and also can receive User Input - e.g. drag mouse to select, goto, keys for robot control, etc.
- Use OpenGL for 3D graphics to take advantage of 3D acceleration offered by todays 3D graphics cards.
- Model and implement GUI interactions in a way that is natural to the user.
- Keep HRI applications simple (just use the components you need) and easy to understand its code due to the reduced complexity.
- Keep components generic to encourage their reuse between applications.
- Conceive the world camera view and behavior so that the navigation in the world feels natural.
- Encourage fast prototyping by combining available components to compose an application, or forking the code of the available components to devise new ones.
- Components can be used in non-graphical, non-GUI applications.
- Distribute the software with a GPL license, to avoid duplication of efforts.
The miarn project - written by